Monday, December 17, 2007

Dementium: The Ward


Wow. Just wow.

This game is described as Doom meets Silent Hill. They're NOT kidding! This game is great!

Obviously this game is a first person survival/horror game. They did a great job of putting one on the DS with this title. The graphics aren't the greatest I've seen on the system, but they're not horrible, either. The sound is great, though. It really takes advantage of the surround sound speakers on the DS. The control scheme is simple and makes an appropriate use of the touch screen.

The game takes place in an insane asylum. You break out of your room one night, and the power is out. You can only see a bit when the lightning flashes outside. Thankfully, you find a flashlight pretty quickly. There's blood everyone, and no one can be found.

The enemies are few and far between, making them way more scary. The first I found was 15 minutes in and I almost wet my pants. A zombie burst out of a closet I opened. I had my flashlight in my hand and flipped it on and off rapidly in a vain attempt to hit the zombie. I finally switched to a nightstick I found and beat its head off. Just as it's about to collapse, the rib cage burst open and started trying to bite me. It was that moment that I realized that not only was this scary as hell, it's super creative.

If you like being scared, this is a great title to pick up. I've had trouble putting down, but I usually play right before bed. That's not the best idea with this title! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's about becoming a contributor on my blog?

www.leaksource.blogspot.com

We tried doing a Music/Tv/Film/Gaming thing before but couldn't find enough people who constantly posted.

Jade said...

I'm honored, but I'm not really ready for that responsibility right now. Maybe down the line, though :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for even considering it.