Saturday, December 15, 2007

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008


Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a huge fan of professional wrestling. I may not watch much WWE anymore, mostly in favor of the independents, but they are the ones who make the games.

As such, I was really looking forward to Raw vs Smackdown 2008. It stood to be (what I thought) the first good wrestling game to hit a portable console that I had (still waiting on a price drop for the PSP). Boy, did I get shafted, though.

The "geniuses" at THQ thought it would be a good idea to give this game full touch screen controls. That's right; The buttons do NOTHING! How do you play a wrestling game with the touch screen only? YOU DON'T! This "game" has been likened to flipping a coin for twenty minutes.

Here's a simple breakdown: The wrestler's circle each other (you don't get to pick where they go). Once they close in, you can quickly choose one of three attacks. Then, they require you to spin a circle over and over, or draw a line over and over. If you do it to the game's satisfaction, you'll hit the other guy. If not, they'll hit you. Then it repeats. THIS IS THE ENTIRE GAME!

This game was so poorly design, that I got a GameStop to accept it as a return for being defective. The manager agreed there was no game to play. This is from a company that's notoriously rude to their customers.

In the 22 years I've been playing video games, this is, far and above, the WORST VIDEO GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED. I don't say that lightly, either. At least the terrible ones had CONTROLS!

Seriously, don't buy this game for yourself, or anyone you really care about!

2 comments:

nintendo dsi r4 said...

Once again, this year's game adds several new components to the existing game engine that's been piled upon since the series was a PS2...

R4 NDS Card said...

I am honestly tired from 2007 series, even i could bot create my own super star because save button was disappeared. I wish that 2008 series would be far better than its previous series.