Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Simpsons Game


On Thursday, I picked up a game that I wasn't expecting much from, The Simpsons Game. I'd heard a lot of negative things about the console version, but a little positive about this one. I was really hesitant since it was made by EA. They've yet to release anything good for a portable system. Either way, I gave it a shot.

To my great surprise and pleasure, this game is amazing! It's a total throwback to early 1990's platform action games. It also has great puzzle elements to it, as well. One level was even a remake of Frogger. Throughout all of this, there are insane amounts of dialog from the characters. Most of the humor is very adult oriented, also. I've never laughed so hard while playing a video game (other than Rayman Ravid Rabbids on my Wii).

My only complaint about this game is how short it is. I'm 25% of the way through it with just over an hour put in to it. That said, I'll happily play it again when I'm done.

If you have a DS, I whole-heartedly recommend picking this title up. Buy it used, though, so you can return it when you finish the game in less than a week. :)

No comments: