Saturday, December 15, 2007

Picross DS


Puzzle games are either a hit (Tetris), or lost to time (Catrap). This game, I can say without a question, is even better than Tetris.

Picross takes the concept of Sudoku and adds are really great twist to it, opening it up to a larger crowd. You're met with a board of squares that has numbers around the outside. The boards vary in size, based on what level you're on (5x5, 10x10, 15x15, 20x20, and 25x20). The numbers are which blocks you need to fill in, and which ones you leave blank or put an X over. It's a bit hard to describe, but thankfully Nintendo put a demo on their download station at local stores. Three minutes of that demo had me sold.

One of the best parts of the game is the WiFi feature. You can download new puzzles made by other players, or send your puzzles across the web. That way, you'll never run out of new ones to play.

As if this game can't get any better, it has a retail price of only $19.99 which makes it a must buy.

This is simply a game that I cannot put down, and I've easily put over 100 hours into since I bought it. I cannot recommend this enough!

No comments: